Through our business, the Home Theaters Direct team provides consumers with state of the art entertainment technology so families and friends can gather together. We work constantly to ensure that we are well versed in the latest advancements and innovations to create the optimum home entertainment experience.
We are excited to see where technology is headed and how it will change people enjoy tv, movies, and music in their homes. We have created an annual scholarship for students to express where they believe entertainment technology is headed and share their thoughts on how it can improve.
All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific major.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
Required Application Details
Please write a 1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
- What innovations do you predict will occur with entertainment technology?
- What new pieces of technology would you like to see in the future and what benefits will they provide?
- How do you think that entertainment technology can be improved for consumers?
Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
Please submit The Entertainment Technology Scholarship form linked below.
How to Apply
Please complete the linked form with the following information to apply:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- An essay answering the above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by September 1, 2019.
A winner will be selected and notified via email by September 15, 2019.
Additional Scholarship Details
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from Home Theaters Direct.
- The scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
Questions about The Entertainment Technology Scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The scholarship funds provided by Home Theaters Direct will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, we are granted permission to send applicants information regarding their application only, via their submitted email address.
No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
The winner will be asked if they will grant Home Theaters Direct permission to post their name, school, photo (if submitted), and their essay on hometheatersdirect.com or in other marketing communications relating to the scholarship program.
We will remove any information pertaining to applicants at their request.
All information (proof of enrollment, essays, and email) relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is announced.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to The Entertainment Technology Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Home Theaters Direct.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, and the essay on the Home Theaters Direct website.
- Email information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Home Theaters Direct’s social media pages.